Chasteberry For Relief Of Menopausal Symptoms
You could take chasteberry extracts to help improve vaginal lubrication because it has an estrogenic effect on the body.
A small trial found that chasteberry essential oil helped to give menopausal women strong symptomatic relief from their symptoms.
One laboratory study found that taking chasteberry supplements could help improve vaginal health and prevent dryness. Chasteberry increased levels of progesterone and estrogen and increased uterine weight.
Find out why chasteberry extracts could be a good supplement to take if you suffer from premenstrual syndrome.
How To Boost Female Lubrication Naturally
Vaginal dryness is a condition that is more common than you think. The right vaginal pH is between the range of 3.8- 4.5. It is always necessary to take good care of the lady v to stay away from all the discomforts we could face there.
- Vitamin A, D, C, and also supplements like beta carotene, sea buckthorn oil, fish oil, etc are crucial for good vaginal health.
- Foods like cranberries, sweet potatoes, apples, avocados, leafy vegetables, greek yogurt are some things that can keep you feeling fresh and healthy down there.
- Hydration also has an important role when it comes to our health. Water helps to flush out all the bacteria that cause dryness and irritation. Substitute regular tea and coffee with plain water for fast desired results.
- Reducing the consumption of alcohol also helps greatly.
What Are The Symptoms Of Vaginal Dryness
The symptoms of vaginal dryness can vary, and a woman may not feel them all at the same time.
The most common symptoms include:
- Dryness, stinging, burning, or itching in the vaginal area
- Loss of libido or sexual interest
- Discomfort during intercourse
- Lubrication is reduced during intercourse
- Bleeding following intercourse
- Urinary tract infections
Don’t Miss: Vitamin D With Calcium Supplement
How Much Does Provestra Cost
A one-month supply of Provestra costs $49.95. This includes 30 tablets. You can save money by making a bulk purchase:
- 1-month package for $49.95
- 2-month package for $84.95
- 3-month package for $119.95
- 4-month package for $154.95
- 5-month package for $189.95
- 6-month package for $224.95
Shipping is free on all orders over $150. Orders typically ship within one business day of purchase and can be tracked on the website.
Leading Edge Health provides a 67-day money-back guarantee for Provestra. They recommend trying the supplement for at least two months. If it doesnt work for you, you can return it for a refund minus shipping costs.
Natural Ways To Increase Female Lubrication
Its possible that using supplements to boost vaginal lubrication isnt for everyone. Fortunately, there are natural techniques to boost vaginal lubrication:
- Maintain a sexually active relationship with a partner or by yourself. Any sexual activity may boost blood flow to the vaginal area, helping to maintain the tissue around your genitals healthy.
- Make your body move. Exercise, in any form, may assist to keep hormones in check.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drinking enough of water may aid in the maintenance of bodily moisture.
- Use lubricants that are water-based. These lubricants may aid in the reduction of discomfort during sexual activity.
- Engage in stress-relieving activities. Vaginal dryness may be exacerbated by stress and worry. Reduce your stress levels by practicing meditation or yoga.
Read Also: Is It Bad To Not Take Prenatal Vitamins While Pregnant
Causes Of Vaginal Dryness
Vaginal dryness, also known as atrophic vaginitis, can occur in various degrees to all women as they age.
Natural female lubrication is mainly driven by the hormone estrogen. Estrogen plays an important role in both vaginal and sexual health.
While estrogen levels decline as women age, vaginal tissue can become dry, thin, and fragile, making sex uncomfortable.
Women of all ages may experience vaginal dryness however, it is more common in those who are menopausal.
Other causes of vaginal dryness may include:
- Hormone fluctuations related to menstrual cycles, childbirth, and breast-feeding
- Cancer treatment including chemotherapy, radiation, and hormone therapy
- Surgical removal of the ovaries
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Frequent urinary tract infections
How We Evaluate Health Products And Services
At Innerbody Research, we customize our evaluation criteria depending on the type and nature of the health service or product. For Provestra and other health products, we have five areas that we use for our evaluations, including:
Quality: How well does the company deliver its core service to the customer? Is the quality of the product or service high enough that we would recommend it to loved ones without hesitation? Does the company have a high quality medical review board with oversight? Are their treatment options or products FDA-approved?
Value: Are you getting your moneys worth? Are there any hidden costs or charges? Does the provider offer discounts or free services to our readers?
Customer Support: How well does the company provide information about its product or service? How clearly are options presented?
Privacy: Are all products sent in discreet packaging? Will your data be stored securely? Could your data ever be shared without your permission?
Speed: How fast will you receive your product from the moment you click buy? Are the waiting times stated by the company accurate and consistent?
Also Check: Does Vitamin Shoppe Do Military Discount
Natural Remedies To Improve Libido In Women
Need Some More Help Heres Your Lube
A little vaginal lubricant is often enough to create a WAP. Theres more than one kind of lube on the market, so be sure to pick one that works best for you and your bits.
- Water-based lubricants. These are often the cheaper options in your local pharmacy. They may or may not contain glycerin . A few downsides: Glycerin may contribute to yeast infections, and it could make dryness worse when warmed up .
- Silicone-based lubricants. They cost a bit more, but silicone-based lubes have their perks: Theyre fine to use with condoms, they last longer, and theyre hypoallergenic. They may leave a little residue, but they get the job done!
- Oil-based lubricants. You can choose between natural oils and synthetic oil-based lubes . Big warning , though: Dont use them with latex condoms, because those condoms will get destroyed.
Don’t Miss: What Is Vitamin C And Zinc Good For
Look Into Estrogen Treatments
There are two types of estrogen treatments for vaginal dryness:
Tips On How You Are Going To Talk With Your Doctor
When visiting the doctor, this can be an embarrassing topic to bring up. There are a couple of things you can do to help. The first is to write down what you want to discuss so that you dont forget or get flustered. Please remember that while you may feel embarrassed, this is what doctors do. The Winona physicians are specially trained to discuss your most important concerns and will ask for clarification if there are any doubts.
Dont wait to be asked. Raise relevant concerns as much as you can. Vaginal irritation is an extremely common problem for women approaching menopause and beyond. There are many options to choose from that are easy, healthy, and safe ways to optimize vaginal health and lubrication. Seek help if the vaginal discomfort lasts beyond a few days or if you experience discomfort during sexual intercourse. If left untreated, vaginal dryness can cause sores or crack in the vaginas tissues.4
Don’t Miss: What Vitamin Is For The Skin
Ways To Help Increase Vaginal Lubrication Without Hormones
Vaginal dryness is a common affliction for many women, and it can be uncomfortable day-to-day, cause pain during intercourse, or be mentally distressing.
Vaginal dryness tends to stem from a reduction of estrogen in the body, whether from menopause, post-pregnancy, stress, medications, or certain medical conditions. Because of this, one of the most common prescription treatments for vaginal dryness is a prescription estrogen cream to be applied to the vaginal area.
But, there are many women who would rather not or cannot use estrogen therapy for a variety of reasons who still need help when it comes to personal dryness. Below, we will cover 7 ways to help enhance your vaginal lubrication using non-hormonal methods including lifestyle and diet changes, certain exercises, or temporary hydration from lubricant enhancing products.
Hyaluronic Acid Is A Kind Of Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic Acid is a kind of Hyaluronic acid is a transparent, sticky substance that the body produces naturally.
The main function of Hyaluronic Acid is a kind of hyaluronic acid is to retain water to ensure your skin and surrounding tissues are moist and well lubricated.
One 2016 study compared the effectiveness of a Hyaluronic Acid is a kind of hyaluronic acid vaginal cream versus conjugated estrogen for the treatment of vaginal atrophy.
The study found that both Hyaluronic Acid is a kind of hyaluronic acid and conjugated estrogen can improve the symptoms of vaginal atrophy.
However, Hyaluronic Acid is a kind of hyaluronic acid was more effective and is a better treatment option for women who do not want to or cannot receive hormone therapy.
A 2021 systematic review of the literature also found that Hyaluronic Acid is a kind of hyaluronic acid has efficacy similar to vaginal estrogens for the treatment of vaginal atrophy.
Researchers suggested that the use of Hyaluronic Acid is a kind of hyaluronic acid is an attractive alternative for women who cannot or choose not to use hormonal treatment.
Hyaluronic Acid is a kind of Except for individuals who are allergic to it, hyaluronic acid is harmless for most people. Before using any supplements, always with your doctor.
Hyaluronic Acid is a kind of Hyaluronic acid may assist enhance lubrication by retaining moisture in the vaginal region.
Don’t Miss: Vitamins To Increase Female Lubrication
Are There Any Science
It seems like theres a supplement for everything, so you may find yourself wondering if that includes vaginal dryness. Turns out there is some research linking supplements, such as vitamin D and DHEA, to female lubrication but more data is needed to prove this theory.
A recent systemic review on the effect of Vitamin D on vaginal health found that vitamin D decreased dryness and improved vaginal health during menopause. Another small study had similar findings among older women.
Researchers have also studied vitamin E and fish oil as supplements for increasing female lubrication. One small study found that a vitamin E could improve symptoms of vaginal atrophy .
And we’d be remiss if we didn’t mention DHEA, or dehydroepiandrosterone a hormone involved in estrogen production. DHEA naturally declines with age and there are studies investigating its role in improving female lubrication and reducing dryness.
Vaginal Dryness: What Causes It
Vaginal dryness, commonly known as atrophic vaginitis, affects all women to varying degrees as they become older.
The hormone estrogen is primarily responsible for natural vaginal lubrication. Both vaginal and sexual health are influenced by estrogen.
As estrogen levels fall, vaginal tissue can become dry, thin, and fragile, making sex uncomfortable.
Vaginal dryness may affect women of all ages, although it is more frequent among menopausal women.
Other Vaginal Dryness: What Causes It? may include:
- Menstrual cycles, childbirth, and breast-feeding all cause hormonal variations.
- Chemotherapy, radiation, and hormone therapy are all used to treat cancer.
- Ovaries are surgically removed.
- Excessive anxiety
Many of these symptoms might indicate the presence of additional underlying issues. Always consult your doctor to determine the best course of action for you.
Also Check: How Much Vitamin C Does A Person Need Daily
Other Natural Remedies For Female Lubrication
Want other ways to keep things au naturel in the name of lubrication? These natural remedies may help your vag go from the Sahara Desert to the Pacific Ocean:
- Avoid *certain* products. Soaps and feminine hygiene products with fragrances and dyes can dry out your vag. Your hoo-ha is self-cleaning, and soaps can eff with all the good bacteria. Oh, and skip the too.
- Dont skimp on foreplay. Taking the time to get the blood flowing and boost arousal can help with moisture production.
- Stay hydrated.Alcohol can cause dehydration, which means less fluid for lubrication. If you regularly hit happy hour, make sure to also drink plenty of H2O.
- Nosh on phytoestrogens. These estrogen-like compounds found in plant foods like soy, tofu, nuts, and yams *might* help get your levels back on track to get things flowing.
- Check your birth control. If youre on hormonal BC like the pill, it may be the reason for your dry downstairs. Check with your doctor to see if switching to a nonhormonal option might help.
Who Should Not Take Osphena
Osphena should not be used if you have unusual vaginal bleeding, have or have had certain types of cancers, have or have had blood clots, had a stroke or heart attack, have severe liver problems, are allergic to Osphena or any of its ingredients, or think you may be pregnant. Tell your healthcare provider if you are going to have surgery or will be on bed rest.
Don’t Miss: Can You Still Take Prenatal Vitamins After Giving Birth
Incorporate Vitamin E Into Your Diet
This is another vitamin that can help promote vaginal lubrication. A small 2016 study of 52 postmenopausal women showed vitamin E vaginal suppositories helped the majority of subjects with symptoms of vaginal atrophy, including dryness. Vitamin E can also be ingested from various foods, including plant-based oils, nuts, seeds, fruits, and vegetables.
“Foods like pumpkin and sunflower seeds are all good for dryness,” Sadaty says. When sourced naturally through food, vitamin E carries no risk. But in supplement form, high doses of vitamin E might increase the risk of bleeding by interfering with the blood’s ability to clot. This could potentially lead to a hemorrhagic stroke, or bleeding in the brain, though this is rare.
Vitamins For Vaginal Dryness
Both hormonal and nutritional factors can influence vaginal secretions. When it comes to vaginal health, proper immune activity is crucial.
Also Check: How Many Units Of Vitamin D3 Per Day
Why You Should Trust Us
Over the past two decades, Innerbody Research has helped tens of millions of readers make more informed decisions involving staying healthy and living healthier lifestyles.
Our testing team has purchased and compared more than 500 health-related tests to date, and we are constantly updating our reviews based on the latest health standards. We try our best to provide readers with an unbiased analysis of the product or service. We base our analysis around adherence to quality, medical evidence, and health standards. We ask ourselves a simple question: would we recommend this product or service to our family and friends?
Additionally, like all health-related content on this website, this review was thoroughly vetted by one or more members of our Medical Review Board for accuracy.