Choosing The Right Supplement
Look for vitamin B supplements that have been tested and approved by an independent third party.
Look for certifications from:
- The National Sanitation Foundation
- The United States Pharmacopeial Convention
Keep in mind that these certifications dont guarantee safety or effectiveness for everyone. Thats why you should always ask your doctor before adding a supplement to your daily routine.
What Causes Vitamin B Levels To Fall
- A vegetarian or vegan diet can see Vitamin B12 levels drop
- Long-term use of antibiotics, peptic ulcer treatments and some diabetes medication can reduce levels of B2, B9, and B12.
- Digestive issues including celiac disease can decrease the amount of Vitamin B12 your body can absorb
- Pernicious anaemia will result from your body not absorbing Vitamin B12 from your food
- Kidney disease, Crohns disease and ulcerative colitis will see B6 or B9 levels fall
- Rheumatoid arthritis is commonly associated with Vitamin B6 deficiency and the disease can worsen this
- Cancer or chronic inflammation can degrade Vitamin B6 and heighten demand for B9
Who Shouldnt Buy Legion Triumph
- Those who dont need or want to pay for the additional ingredients here. Since it is a multivitamin, youre getting much more than a B complex, so you will also be paying much more.
- Pill adverse buyers who do not want to take eight of these capsules per day for their full dosage.
The benefit of this pick is that its both a multivitamin and a B complex. And while you can knock out both of these supplements in one, youll also be paying extra for all the added vitamins and minerals youre getting on top of your B complex.
Recommended Reading: What Veggies Have Vitamin C
What Is B Complex And How Does It Benefit You
The B-complex vitamins consist of 11 related nutrients. They may not have a lot of flash, but they do play fundamental and far-reaching roles in terms of our health.
The B-complex vitamins include:
- B3 maintains normal cholesterol levels.
- B6 helps calm moods.
- B12 promotes mental sharpness.
- PABA helps to maintain healthy gene activity, and it also reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
In addition, inositol is often considered a B vitamin.
Best Vitamin B Complex Supplement In Reviews
- FOR ENERGY 150-count Coated Tablets, Natures Bounty Super B-Complex with Folic Acid Plus Vitamin C. Plays an important role in energy metabolism in the body*. Helps the body convert food into the fuel which is used to maintain energy.*
- VITAMIN B Contains key B vitamins that play an important role in energy metabolism. Also supports heart and nervous system health and aids in the conversion of food into energy*.
- VITAMIN C & FOLIC ACID Natures Bounty Super B-Complex is a great way to increase your intake of these important vitamins for immune and antioxidant support*. Added Folic Acid helps support energy metabolism, and promotes the health of pregnant women*
- PURITY IS OUR PRIORITY Natures Bounty is committed to safety and purity in all our supplements. Our Super B-Complex is vegetarian-friendly, non-GMO, gluten- and sugar-free, and contain no artificial colors, sweeteners or flavors.
- FROM THE TRUSTED WELLNESS EXPERTS Natures Bounty Super B-Complex tablets are a product of nearly 50 years of dedication to quality, consistency and scientific research to make vitamins and nutritional supplements of unrivaled excellence.
Read Also: How Much Vitamin D Per Day For Infants
How Much Folate Do I Need
Adults need 200 micrograms of folate a day. A microgram is 1,000 times smaller than a milligram . The word microgram is sometimes written with the Greek symbol Î¼ followed by the letter g .
There are no long-term stores in the body, so you need to eat folate-containing foods frequently.
Most people should be able to get the amount of folate they need by eating a varied and balanced diet.
What Foods Have B Vitamins
Vitamin B-1 Lentils and legumes, grains, dark green vegetables, fish, eggs, and poultry.
Vitamin B-2 Broccoli and other green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, and dairy products.
Vitamin B-3 White meat and fish and legumes and wheat.
Vitamin B-5 Mushrooms, broccoli, yogurt, avocadoes, lentils, and split-peas.
Vitamin B-6 Meats like beef and fish, dairy products.
Vitamin B-7 In almost all high quality foods .
Vitamin B-9 Green leafy vegetables like spinach, green turnips, asparagus, fenugreek and other fruits and vegetables. Also in fortified cereals and food products.
Vitamin B-12 All leafy green vegetables and fish, crab, eggs, milk and other dairy products, red meat, and poultry. Also in grains and soy.
If youve gone gluten-free or are on a keto or modified keto diet, you will probably want to supplement with a B-complex supplement since a big source of B vitamins are from grains. If you plan to supplement a B-Complex, Im including a few here to get you started.
Recommended Reading: How Much Vitamin C Should I Take To Lighten Skin
May Reduce Stress And Boost Mood
B-complex vitamins are often used to reduce fatigue and boost mood.
Some studies suggest that B-complex vitamins can lift your spirits and improve your cognitive performance.
A 33-day study in 215 healthy men found that treatment with a high-dose B-complex and mineral supplement improved general mental health and stress and enhanced performance on cognitive tests .
Another study in young adults showed that supplementing with a multivitamin containing high levels of B-complex vitamins for 90 days reduced stress and mental fatigue .
How To Use Vitamin B Complex Capsule
If you are taking chewable tablets, chew the tablet thoroughly before swallowing.
If you are taking extended-release capsules, swallow them whole. Do not crush or chew extended-release capsules or tablets. Doing so can release all of the drug at once, increasing the risk of side effects. Also, do not split extended-release tablets unless they have a score line and your doctor or pharmacist tells you to do so. Swallow the whole or split tablet without crushing or chewing.
If you are taking a liquid product, use a medication-measuring device to carefully measure the dose. Do not use a household spoon. Some liquid products need to be shaken before each dose. Some products that contain vitamin B12 need to be placed under the tongue and held there before swallowing. Follow label directions carefully to get the most benefit.
Take this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day.
Recommended Reading: What Vitamin Helps With Varicose Veins
Enhances Mood And Helps With Depression
Different kinds of nutrients in the vitamin B complex can help improve emotions. Vitamin B1 is an anti-suppressant vitamin that can improve your mood and protect the immune system at the same time.Vitamin B6 also helps calm your mood and has effects similar to an antidepressant. It helps regulate the levels of serotonin in the body.The B9 vitamin can also help manage depression.
Dietary Sources Of B Vitamins
B vitamins are found primarily in animal food sources and fortified cereals. But many vegetables, fruits, nuts, and legumes contain some amount of B vitamins as well. Here’s a look at the common food sources. You’ll note that many of the foods overlap with other B vitamins.
- B1 : Fortified breakfast cereal, enriched and whole-grain products , wheat germ, pork, trout, black beans, mussels, and tuna
- B2 : Milk and dairy products, fortified breakfast cereals, beef liver, clams, portobello mushrooms, almonds, and chicken
- B3 : Eggs, fish, fortified bread and cereal, rice, nuts, milk and dairy, chicken, beef, turkey, lamb, organ meats, peanuts
- B5 :Meat, avocado, broccoli, kale, eggs, milk, mushrooms, fortified cereals, organ meats, poultry, potatoes, and legumes
- B6 :Chickpeas, beef liver, tuna, salmon, chicken breast, fortified breakfast cereal, potatoes, turkey, fruits , and beef
- B7 :Beef liver, egg yolk, wheat germ, pork, beef, sunflower seeds, sweet potato, almonds, whole-grain foods, sardines, spinach, and broccoli
- B9 :Spinach, beef liver, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, beans and legumes, asparagus, orange juice, peanuts, avocado, dark leafy greens, fortified cereals, and salmon
- B12 :Beef liver , clams and other shellfish, beef, chicken, fish, eggs, milk and other dairy products, and some fortified cereals
Also Check: How Much Vitamin D Is Needed Per Day
Why Go For Online Stores
Whenever you look up product reviews, you might notice an uncanny similarity. All the online stores bag the first places. Have you ever thought about why people bank on online stores to this extent?
In this digital era, people always look out for easier options. So purchasing any products like vitamin b complex supplement is only a matter of time for online shopping. You can easily purchase products anywhere and anytime and cancel them as well.
Expose yourself to various brands for the same product via online stores. Even more, price comparisons are what buyers enjoy on these platforms. With just a few clicks, you can navigate through the product pages and spend your money wisely.
Just in the palm of your hands, you can grab some amazing deals at low prices. Who would not love this?
Where We Are Now
As you can see, B-complex is important for many bodily and brain functions. I take a B-complex every day, after some of the health concerns Ive had and also for brain health. A few of the B vitamins help prevent dementia and even help memory and concentration. I wont say no to that.
I hope you learned something new about B-complex vitamins and how important they are for good health. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the Comments section below. Thank you!
Cronkleton, E. . Why Is Vitamin B Complex Important, and Where Do I Get It? Healthline.com Retrieved 5/10/20 from https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/vitamin-b-complex
Vitamin B Complex Benefits. . Retrieved 5/10/20 from http://www.med-health.net/B-Complex-Benefits.html
Recommended Reading: Is Vitamin E Cream Good For Under Eyes
Produces Red Blood Cells
Some B vitamins, particularly vitamin B12, play an essential role in red blood cell formation. Healthy red blood cells are needed to transport oxygen to every part of the body. When there is a vitamin B12 deficiency, the body cannot produce enough red blood cells and anemia can occur.
Vitamin B2 is also needed for red blood cell production and growth, as is vitamin B9. While vitamin B5 plays a role in red blood cell production, it also helps reduce the amount of cholesterol produced by the body. And vitamin B6, which is required for more than 100 different enzyme reactions in the body, aids in the formation of hemoglobin, which also allows red blood cells to carry oxygen through the blood.
B vitamins involved: B2, B5, B6, B9, B12
What Happens If I Take Too Much Vitamin B6
When taking a supplement, it’s important not to take too much.
Taking 200mg or more a day of vitamin B6 can lead to a loss of feeling in the arms and legs known as peripheral neuropathy.
This will usually improve once you stop taking the supplements.
But in a few cases when people have taken large amounts of vitamin B6, particularly for more than a few months, the effect can be permanent.
The effect of taking vitamin B6 at doses between 10 and 200 mg is unclear. So there’s not enough evidence to say how long these doses could be taken for safely.
You May Like: How To Get Vitamin D To Absorb Better
What Does The Department Of Health And Social Care Advise
You should be able to get the amount of niacin you need by eating a varied and balanced diet.
If you take niacin supplements, do not take too much as this might be harmful.
Taking 17mg or less of nicotinic acid supplements a day, or 500mg or less of nicotinamide supplements a day, is unlikely to cause any harm.
B Vitamin Deficiency: Symptoms And Causes Of Low Vitamin B Levels
When it comes to vitamins needed for both a sound body and mind, the B vitamins arenât something you want to ignore. Take, for example, vitamin B12: donât get enough of this vitamin, and your energy levels throughout the day might sag â with your mind constantly turning, perhaps, to thoughts of sleep in your warm cozy bed.
Or consider vitamin B9 : a deficiency in this vitamin and you might get sores on your mouth or a swollen tongue â among other possible symptoms.
Then thereâs vitamin B6. If your levels of this key B vitamin are too low, then you could be looking at flaky, oily rashes on your upper body or face.
But these arenât the only symptoms of B vitamin deficiency. So hereâs a more complete list of vitamin B deficiency symptoms.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF VITAMIN B DEFICIENCY
Read Also: How Long Does Iv Vitamin Therapy Last
May Reduce Symptoms Of Anxiety Or Depression
While B-complex vitamin supplements are not a cure for mental health issues, they may help improve symptoms of depression or anxiety.
A study in 60 adults with depression showed that treatment with a B-complex vitamin for 60 days led to significant improvements in depression and anxiety symptoms, compared to a placebo .
B vitamins may also enhance treatment response when given in combination with antidepressant medication.
One study found that supplementing patients with a vitamin containing B12, B6 and folic acid led to a more enhanced and sustained antidepressant response over one year, compared to a placebo .
Note that low blood levels of certain B vitamins, including B12, B6 and folate, have been linked to an increased risk of depression, which is why its important to rule out nutrient deficiencies if you are experiencing symptoms of depression (
If you are deficient in B vitamins, you may need to supplement with higher doses to correct the deficiency.
For these reasons, its important to choose a B-complex supplement based on your individual requirements for each B vitamin.
Speak with your doctor regarding your specific nutrient needs based on your age and health.
Spotlight On Three Of The Bs: Folate Vitamin B6 And Vitamin B12
One of the advances that changed the way we look at vitamins was the discovery that too little folate is linked to birth defects such as spina bifida and anencephaly.
Folate Vitamin B9
Another line of research about folate and two other B vitamins, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12, explores their roles in reducing some types of cancer and heart disease.
Don’t Miss: What Vitamins Are Good For Joints And Bones
Iv Nutrient Therapy To The Rescue
IV therapy is a proven treatment that gives you the ability to take a proactive and long-term approach to wellness while also accelerating healing and boosting immunity.
An IV drip delivers nutrients in customized amounts directly into your bloodstream. Think of IV therapy as the happy shortcut where theres no traffic, and you wont run out of gas before you get there.
In addition, IV therapy contains a customized blend of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants that your body can easily absorb. It has a 98% absorption rate!
IV nutrient therapy can treat the root cause of your health concerns, not just the symptoms. Imagine how great your body will feel after taking in an IV bag full of vitamin B complex!
Even better, imagine how happy your immune system will be with the other goodies that can be added to IV nutrition therapy.
For example, the oldest IV therapy cocktail is the Myers cocktail.
- Vitamin B complex (Thiamine, Riboflavin, Pyroxidine HCI, Dexpanthenol, Niaminacide, and Vitamin C + hydroxocobalamin
Not only are you getting the benefits of the vitamin B IV drip, but the magnesium can help you feel calmer, and the ascorbic acid will give your immune system an extra boost!
If you want to go full throttle, we also recommend adding an immune boost to your Myers cocktail. At Evexias Medical Denver, our immune boost contains:
- Zinc Sulfate
- A higher dose of vitamin C
Lets get this party started!
Deficiency Is Still A Risk
Having a riboflavin deficiency can lead to other nutritional deficiencies because riboflavin is involved with processing nutrients. The primary concern associated with other deficiencies is anemia, which happens when you dont get enough iron.
Its especially important to make sure you get enough riboflavin in your diet if youre pregnant. A riboflavin deficiency could endanger your babys growth and increase your chances of preeclampsia, which involves dangerously high blood pressure during pregnancy. This is a serious condition that can be life threatening.
Riboflavin deficiency is rare in places where people have access to fresh foods or supplemental vitamins. Talk to your doctor if youre experiencing the symptoms of riboflavin deficiency. You may actually have a problem absorbing nutrients. Celiac disease and Crohns disease are other possible causes of symptoms associated with riboflavin deficiency.
You May Like: What Is The Vitamin D Level Range
Promotes Nervous System Health
Vitamin B2 keeps the eyes, nervous system, and skin healthy. It aids in the conversion of food into energy and helps enzymes in the body function properly. It also makes and repairs DNA, helps with the optimal function of the digestive and nervous systems, and promotes skin health. In addition, vitamin B12 also plays a role in maintaining the health of the nervous system.
B vitamins involved: B1, B2, B3, B6, B12