Review Of The Conservative Treatment Options For Peyronies Disease
Unfortunately, at this time, no conservative treatment has been comprehensively developed and tested that is as effective in dissolving plaque as the natural healing mechanism is.
Our doctors have carried out extensive research on the efficacy of different conservative treatments. The main conclusions of this research are summarised below. If you have any questions or concerns about these treatments then we are more than happy to answer these. We do advise patients, considering following any of these treatments, to do so under appropriate medical supervision and never self-administered. Some of these treatments may have side-effects and objective medical monitoring is necessary to identify potential benefits.
Oral medication for Peyronies disease
A number of oral drugs and supplements have been proposed and discussed to treat Peyronies disease. Unfortunately, none of these has displayed significant therapeutic benefits in comparison with placebo research studies. Some have shown some promise and given the minimal side-effects reported, these can be taken by patients. Below we present the most common oral treatments and our assessment of these options:
Vitamin E and propionyl-L-carnitine in isolation and combination
The efficacy of Vitamin E and propionyl-L-carnitine supplements in isolation and combination has proven to be no better than a placebo. We do consider this treatment option as ineffective.
Zenwise Digestive Enzymes Plus Prebiotics & Probiotics Supplement 180 Servings Vegan Formula For Better Digestion & Lactose Absorption With Amylase & Bromelain 2 Month Supply
- Botanical Bounty: Turmeric, Ginger, Green Papaya, Inulin, Apple Pectin, Bladderwrack, Fennel, and Wakame all aid gut health and stomach comfort
- Digestive Enzymes with Pre & Probiotics Supplements: Pre-meal plant-powered pills formulated to help women and men find relief from occasional bloating, gas, and discomfort. AVA-Certified Vegetarian
- Clinically Proven Reliably Alive De111 Probiotic: Guaranteed to arrive alive and work within hours in small intestine where 90% of nutrient absorption occurs + 70% of immune system resides
- Complete Gut Wellness: Replenishes digestive enzymes that may decline with age. Advanced enzyme + prebiotic, probiotic non-GMO formula tackles hard-to-digest foods. For regularity, digestive + immune health. Health Concern: Sensitive Stomach
- 180 Serving Supply: Includes 1 Zenwise Digestive Enzymes + with Pre & Probiotics. We suggest taking 1 capsule before each meal to experience digestive delight. No refrigeration needed
Look After Your Mental Health
Its OK to let your healthcare provider know how you feel emotionally about your condition. They can help guide you if you need treatment for depression or anxiety. These conditions can be treated effectively with counseling with a mental health specialist, and sometimes medications. Even if you dont have anxiety or depression, a mental health specialist can also help with stress or other feelings that could be making things worse.
Don’t Miss: How To Use Biobare Vitamin C Serum
Do Vitamins Help With Peyronie’s Disease
There have been mixed results on studies of vitamin E and with potassium aminobenzoate, which is related to B vitamins. They arent proven cures.
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
Urology Care Foundation: How Is Peyronies Disease Treated?
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
Urology Care Foundation: How Is Peyronies Disease Treated?
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.
Other Answers On:
Peyronies Disease & Vitamin E
Since it has a low cost, and few side effects Vitamin E has been a commonly prescribed oral treatment for Peyronies Disease . It has been used in combination with radiotherapy for PD and Shockwave for PD.
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that may help reduce free radical damage and slow the aging process of your cells. It is a fat-soluble nutrient found in many foods and in supplements
In treating PD, the role of Vitamin E is its use as an antioxidant together with its anti-inflammatory proprieties. Additionally, it is thought to reduce collagen deposits within the tunica albuginea.
Early trials of Vitamin E in the treatment of ED reported a reduction in curvature along with pain relief and an improvement in sexual function. In these trials the number of patients treated were quite low so there were concerns about the validity of the treatment.
About 40-years ago the first placebo controlled trial showed limited evidence for Vitamin E over placebo in PD, while more recently it showed no difference in any of the main outcomes considered, including pain relief, when compared to a control group.
The use of Vitamin E has also been tested in combination with other agents with conflicting results.
In conclusion, despite its wide use, the evidence related to the efficacy of Vitamin E in PD is limited and of poor quality.
Read Also: Should I Take Vitamin C
What Is Now Being Promoted On The Internet
Many men are now contacting our Center asking about treatment with Stem Cell injections, Shockwave Treatment, P-Shot treatment, and Gainswave treatments. In other cases, they come to us with curvature after having paid a considerable amount of money to have ineffective treatment. These options are being promoted and marketed aggressively to men with Peyronies Disease. In some cases, all a man has to do is enter his zip code, and will be provided with a list of Providers near them. These providers are generally not Fellowship Trained Peyronies Disease treatment experts exclusively specialized in the treatment of men with penile-urethral-genital disorders, and often there is a financial relationship between the doctor and industry. As it true with many of the previously promoted medical therapies, the above treatments have not been conclusively proven to be ineffective. However, we do not offer these options at our Center.
Goli Apple Cider Vinegar Gummy Vitamins
- Patented Formula, Essential Vitamins, Great Taste: Our patented formula contains essential Vitamins B9 and B12 to help support cellular energy production, immune function, heart health, healthy nutrient metabolism, a healthy nervous system and overall health and wellbeing. Apple Cider Vinegar has traditionally been used for digestion, gut health and appetite. Our unique flavor profile combined with essential vitamins makes Goli ACV Gummies a delicious addition to your daily health routine.
- Vitamin Angels: Goli is a proud supporter of Vitamin Angels
- Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-free & Gelatin-free: Each bottle of Goli contains 60 delicious, vegan, non-gmo, gluten-free & gelatin-free Apple Cider Vinegar gummies, which makes them suitable for almost any lifestyle.
- Made in the USA with locally and globally sourced ingredients. Goli Gummies are made in allergen-free, cGMP certified facilities in the United States with local and globally sourced ingredients to ensure that our products are reputable and of the highest quality standards.
Recommended Reading: When To Take Vitamin B
They Reduce Blood Clotting
It is advised to consume penile straightening vitamins as prescribed by the physician. Especially for patients who have comorbidities like cardiovascular disease or diabetes. Regular consumption could reduce blood clotting in the body thus making it difficult to arrest blood flow in case of an injury.
Penile straightening vitamins do not have a significant impact on treating Peyronie’s disease. They, however, help in improving the overall health and can be used for treating other medical issues.
Natural Remedies For Peyronies Disease: 6 Ways To Heal A Painful Erection
While the condition may resolve on its own in many cases, depending on your symptoms, your doctor may advise medication to reduce scarring or painkillers. In severe cases, surgery may also be recommended. However, some natural components present in common foods can help rein in the condition. Start by having foods rich in these substances this is the simplest and safest route to fighting the condition. But do be aware that dietary intake may not always give you sufficient quantities of these compounds and you may have to explore supplements or extracts.12 If you are opting for a supplement, be sure to clear it with your doctor.
Also Check: What Has Vitamin C And Zinc
Vitamin B9 And Erectile Dysfunction
Nitric oxide is produced in the endothelial cell layer covering the smooth muscle. A deficiency in folic acid also contributes to endothelial dysfunction, which leads to erectile dysfunction.
In theory, taking a folic acid supplement may lower homocysteine levels and increase nitric oxide, making it more likely to get and maintain an erection. While studies have shown promising results, more research needs to be done to explore the role of folic acid supplementation in ED.
Foods rich in B9 include:
Neck And Shoulder Relaxer Cervical Traction Device For Tmj Pain Relief And Cervical Spine Alignment Chiropractic Pillow Neck Stretcher
- Can’t be used as an ordinary pillow all night long.
- Dense and soft foam design provides sturdy, lightweight, and comfortable base.
- Relief neck pain in just 10 minutes.
- Simple and effective physical solutions to sooth away stiff neck, helps in restoring proper cervical curvature associated with consistent use.
- Normally you will need 1-3 days to adapt to this pillow, because your neck needs time to familiar with the new corrector curvature. You will enjoy an extreme comfort after you get used to it!
Read Also: What Foods Give You Vitamin B
How To Treat Peyronies Disease
As most of the above listed Peyronies treatment methods are ineffective, many patients are left wanting to know how to cure Peyronies disease. In many cases, the best Peyronies disease treatment is surgery. There are primarily two different types of surgery, with Dr. Gelman advising the patient to undergo either a penile plication or penile graft surgery. Successful surgery will correct any noticeable signs of curvature, allowing for normal sexual intercourse.
These surgical procedures can be very complicated, and that is why patients should only trust an experienced surgeon with expertise in correcting penile curvature. At the Center for Reconstructive Urology, Dr. Gelman has over 20-years of experience and the expertise necessary to complete these surgeries with a very high success rate and a very low complication rate.
Cost Of Treatment And Insurances
At New York Urology Specialists we offer affordable treatment for men. Our prices are low for patients without insurance and for those who have high insurance copays, high deductibles, or insurance plans that do not cover treatment costs.
We accept many health insurance plans. We would be happy to verify your eligibility and benefits and to provide you with detailed information on your health plans coverage. and credit options are available to help you pay for medical care.
Also Check: Best Vitamins To Take While On Birth Control
Vitamin E And Verapamil
One possible medical regimen is 100 mg of vitamin E taken three times a day for a minimum of four months. Theoretically, this antioxidant will prevent further development of plaque, although studies have suggested that it is no more effective than placebo.
Injectable verapamil also has received some attention recently, although studies have either shown no statistical improvement over placebo or have been critically compromised by very small study size.14,15
How Does Vitamin E Treatment Workfor Treating Peyronie’s Disease
Vitamin E is found naturally in some food but it is also available as dietary supplement. It is maybe best known for its antioxidant properties, it helps protecting cells from potential damage caused by free radicals, like pollution, in the environment.
Vitamin E may also help with scar prevention and that is why it has been recommended for Peyronie’s patients. Vitamin E may be able to hinder scar tissue building up and to reduce inflammation.
Vitamin E is taken as tablet once a day. Most reputable Peyronie’s specialists now recommend not exceeding 400 IU daily dosage.
You May Like: What Vitamins Are Good For Hair Strength
What Vitamins Are Good For Erectile Dysfunction
There is a lack of strong scientific proof that vitamin supplements can improve erectile function. ED is often treatable with prescription medications or medical procedures, however, getting enough vitamins, either in your diet or with the help of dietary supplements, is a healthy goal.
Talk with your doctor first about taking vitamins and other supplements. If you take certain medications, you may need to be careful of taking large doses of vitamins. Too much of anything, even something healthy like a vitamin, can cause health problems.
Vitamin E And Tissue Damage
In living tissues, vitamin E’s primary benefits stem from its antioxidant properties. Aging and tissue degeneration are accelerated by free-radical-induced damage, and vitamin E neutralizes free radicals. A 1999 study in International Journal of Impotence Research showed that vitamin E prevented free-radical damage and reduced fibrosis in penile cavernosa cells in tissue culture 1. However, this same benefit has not been consistently demonstrated in patients with Peyronies disease.
- In living tissues, vitamin E’s primary benefits stem from its antioxidant properties.
- A 1999 study in International Journal of Impotence Research showed that vitamin E prevented free-radical damage and reduced fibrosis in penile cavernosa cells in tissue culture 1.
Read Also: Can Too Much Vitamin C Hurt You
Scientific Supportfor Vitamin E Treatment For Peyronie’s Disease
Most of the scientific studies I have found on Vitamin E effectiveness have either been inconclusive or have not supported strong effectiveness. Like this summary in International Journal Of Impotence Research that concludes:
âThough the body of evidence does not support a strong efficacy for Vitamin E, the low toxicity and expense of the supplement encourages its use either alone or in combination with other oral, intra-lesional or surgical modalities.â
I have though found one recent controlled study of 70 cases that concluded positively:
“We can affirm that vitamin E can help to prevent the progression of PD. This study strongly supports the recommendation that the best approach for treating PD is multimodal therapy”
The title of this study is “Efficacy of vitamin E in the conservative treatment of Peyronie’s disease: legend or reality?”
It looks like the jury is still out on Vitamin E treatment for Peyronie’s disease.
Turmeric Curcumin With Bioperine 1500mg
- All natural, non-GMO, no fillers, binders or preservatives: Bioschwartz professional grade turmeric with bioperine is a natural turmeric powder turmeric powder has higher absorption compared to common turmeric teas, and this curcumin is also free of soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, GMOs, peanuts, sweeteners, shellfish and sugar
- Bioschwartz professional quality standards: every batch of Bioschwartz turmeric curcumin with bioperine is 3rd-party tested for purity and potency and each bottle is manufactured in the USA using imported and domestic ingredients this turmeric supplement is formulated for women and men who want to enjoy the benefits of turmeric curcumin supplements
- High potency turmeric pills enhanced with bioperine: BioSchwartz turmeric formula has 1500mg of turmeric curcumin with 95% standardized curcuminoids per serving and 10mg of bioperine aiding in enhanced absorption and bio-availability
- Naturally potent ingredients: this turmeric curcumin supplements potency is enhanced with patented bioperine , a type of black pepper extract shown to increase absorption and bioavailability in turmeric supplements
- Professionally formulated & made in the USA: Bioschwartz turmeric extract is formulated by professionals and manufactured in the USA following strict GMP guidelines this turmeric with bioperine is 3rd-party tested to ensure the quality and purity of each batch
Recommended Reading: What Is The Most Effective Form Of Vitamin C
Pentoxifylline For Peyronies Disease: Whats The Evidence
Pentoxifylline has been found to have a beneficial effect on men with Peyronies disease in one randomized control study. However, in 2015, the paper was retracted by the authors apparently statistical analysis was incorrectly done.
At this point there is no data to support that pentoxifylline has a significant beneficial effect on the course of Peyronies disease. Mechanism of action of pentoxifylline suggests that it may have a beneficial effect for Peyronies.
At this point, I do not advise pentoxifylline for the treatment of men with Peyronies disease. Oral therapy for Peyronies disease, in general, is not very effective.
Learn more about currently recommended treatment options for Peyronies disease.
Did you know? Dr. Shteynshlyuger has performed over 1,000 penile surgeries including penile implants, correction of Peyronies disease, circumcisions, circumcision revisions, frenuloplasty, and congenital penile curvature. He performs 150-200 penile surgeries a year.
Have Bromelain Found In Pineapples
Bromelain is a mix of enzymes present in pineapple which help in the digestion of protein. It is thought to stimulate collagenase, the enzymes responsible for breaking down collagen. Taking bromelain may reverse or slow down the build-up of tissue youll find in Peyronies disease.6 Taking 80320 mg of bromelain twice or thrice a day should help and is considered safe. But, usually, bromelain is not advised for more than 810 days at a time. Make sure you discuss appropriate dosage with your doctor. Bromelain can also cause mild side effects like diarrhea and nausea. Since it can increase the chances of bleeding during surgery you should not have it for a period of at least 2 weeks before a procedure.7
Read Also: Does Metamucil Have Vitamin C
Garden Of Life Dr Formulated Probiotics For Women & Prebiotics 50 Billion Cfu For Womens Daily Digestive Vaginal & Immune Health 16 Probiotic Strains Shelf Stable No Gluten Dairy Soy 30 Capsules
- LOVE YOUR GUT, LOVE YOUR WHOLE BODY: Our Dr. Formulated Once Daily Womens Probiotic has prebiotics and probiotics for women, with 16 diverse Lacto and Bifido strains for digestive healthincluding an acidophilus probiotic strainall in one capsule a day
- EXPERTLY FORMULATED PREBIOTIC + PROBIOTIC: Proudly doctor formulated, Third Party Certified Non GMO, NSF Gluten Free & Carbon Neutral and Vegetarian, Dairy Free & Soy Free Capsules may be opened and probiotic powder mixed in your favorite juice or water
- IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPORT WITH CONVENIENCE IN MIND: Our 50 Billion one a day probiotic for women’s immune health comes in a shelf stable, easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsule, so it’s just one and doneCFUs guaranteed with our patented no refrigeration bottle
- YOU GO GIRL: What a reliefour one a day provides Organic prebiotic fiber to help feed good bacteria in the gut & Probiotic strains hand selected for their potency and resistance to stomach acid and bile Does your probiotic align with your health goals?
- LETS HEAR IT FOR THE GIRLS: Our Once Daily Women’s probiotic supplement is doctor formulated for women’s specific health needs, promoting her health with vaginal probioticsthat is, L. reuteri & L. fermentumstrains Clinically Studied for vaginal health