Why Buy From Us
Dr. Green Moms® sole purpose is simple:
To provide ethically sourced, highest quality, and affordable products to families wanting to live a life the way nature intended. We strive to become Your familys #1 source for healthcare products by never compromising on our ingredients and offering superior customer service.
Our probiotics, vitamins, and minerals are pharmaceutical grade, only sold to physicians, and manufactured in a FDA compliant, GMP certified facility.
HERE ARE TWO REASONS TO BUY FROM US:
1) Customer-Centered Shopping Experience
- 30 day 100% Satisfaction Money Back guarantee
2) Highest Quality Products with Incomparable Integrity
- Our probiotic, vitamin, and omega ingredients are pharmaceutical grade, sold only to physicians.
- Herbal Ingredients come from small farmers and wild harvesters who share our commitment to sustainable and ethical practices.
- Our herbal formulas are based on in depth analytical research.
- Our herbs are harvested and processed specifically to the medicinal requirements of each herb.
- Manufacturing site is a FDA registered pharmaceutical drug site.
- Every raw material and finished product undergoes rigorous testing.
- Always Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, & Kosher.
100% TESTING OF INGREDIENTS AND PRODUCTS
WE ARE 100% COMPLIANT
- FDA OTC Registered
Nature Made Adult Gummies Vitamin C Tangerine
- Immune support supplement: contains one 150 count bottle of Nature Made Vitamin C 250 mg Gummies for a 75-day supplyThese Vitamin C supplements help support the immune system and help neutralize free radicals in the bodyVitamin C is an antioxidant that helps support your immune system, increases I
Vitamin C, 250 mg, Gummies, Tangerine, Value Size
Dietary Supplement. List No. 2803. L600 USP verified dietary supplement. USP has tested and verified ingredients, potency and manufacturing process. USP sets official standards for dietary supplements. www.uspverified.org. With other natural flavor. No artificial flavors – natural fruit flavors. 250 mg per serving. Gluten free. No high fructose corn syurp. No high fructose corn syrup. No. 1 pharmacist recommended vitamin & supplement brand. Help support the immune system. No synthetic dyes – color derived from natural source. No artificial sweeteners. www.NatureMade.com. USP sets official standards for dietary supplements. www.uspverified.org.Nutrition Facts
|Servings Per Container :||75|
Contains: Caution: If you are taking medication, consult your physician before use.,Do not use if imprinted seal under cap is broken or missing.
Suggested Use: Adults, chew 2 gummies daily.Store tightly closed, in a cool, dry place, out of reach of children.To open push down & turn. Close tightly.
What Does Vitamin C Do In The Body
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is an essential micronutrient that acts as an antioxidant in the body that protects your cells from damage.
Besides cell protection, vitamin C helps your heart, immune system, and skin. Here are some other vital roles vitamin C plays in your body :
- Making hormones that affect heart rate and blood pressure
- Forming collagen, which is a building block for skin
- Playing a pivotal role in wound healing
- Fueling important protector cells in your immune system
- Protecting cells from toxins and pollution like cigarette smoke
Vitamin C does a lot for your body, and if youre low, its important to boost your levels.
Don’t Miss: How Much Protein In Vitamin D Milk
How Much Is Too Much
Though vitamins and minerals are essential for health, you can have too much of a good thing. Children who mistake gummy vitamins for candy may overeat them, which will usually only lead to minor side effects like upset stomach and diarrhea. However, if the gummies contain iron or gummy vitamins are eaten in large quantities over an extended period of time, there is an increased risk of vitamin and mineral toxicity.
Nutrients to pay attention to:
Iron:Most gummy vitamins do not contain iron, but some do. If your gummy contains iron, take note that overconsumption of iron can lead to uncomfortable and potentially dangerous outcomes, including stomach discomfort and vomiting. When very high doses of iron are consumed , there is potential for organ failure, coma, and even death.
Fat-soluble vitamins:Vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat-soluble, which means they are stored in the fat tissue and liver. If you consume too much, the levels can accumulate in the body and lead to problematic outcomes.
Iodine: Iodine is a trace element that is vital for thyroid health. However, taking too much iodine can damage your thyroid. So it is important not to exceed the Tolerable Upper Intake Levels for iodine of 1100mcg for adults.
Best Budget: Nature Made Multivitamin + Omega
Low in minerals
If you’re looking to add a gummy into your routine while maximizing cost savings, Nature Made Multivitamin + Omega-3s might be a good choice. You can trust the quality since it is USP certified, ensuring that the ingredients and manufacturing processes have been tested and verified.
In addition to vitamins A, Bs, C, D, and E, it also contains a small amount of omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA. However, you won’t be able to rely on this gummy to meet your mineral needs. It contains no calcium, iron, magnesium, or selenium. The zinc dosage provides less than 50 percent of the RDA.
Nature Made uses glucose syrup, sugar, and natural flavors for taste. It also contains gelatin and the color additive carmine, so we don’t recommend it if you are vegan.
Key Nutrients: Vitamin D, B vitamins, omega-3s | Servings Per Container: 70 | Serving Size: 2 gummies | Grams of Sugar: 4 grams
Read Also: Is Vitamin E Good For Joint Pain
How Much Vitamin D3 Should I Take Daily
How much vitamin D3 should I take daily? Thats the short answer it depends on age. But the recommended daily maintenance dosage of vitamin d3 is 400IU daily as outlined in the NICE guidance. This guidance was developed to ensure that the USA and UK population has a satisfactory level of Vitamin D throughout the year, to protect musculoskeletal bone health.
Based on clinical trials and research evidence, to maintain the correct levels of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, one or two vitamin d3 1000 IU Tablets taken per day with your main meal works well for the majority of people. Once the body has the correct levels of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, it will flush out any that is not needed.
Best For Women: Garden Of Life Mykind Organics Women’s Gummy Vitamins
Courtesy of Amazon
Not third-party tested for nutrient levels or contaminants
Garden of Life prides itself on providing a more natural option using whole food ingredients and minimizing additives. They use fruit purees and juices instead of syrups to sweeten the gummies. Because Garden of Life uses organic pectin instead of gelatin, this gummy is a good option for vegans and those keeping a Kosher diet. It’s also certified organic and non-GMO.
NSF certifies that it is a gluten-free supplement. However, it is not third-party tested to verify ingredients and ensure there is no contamination.
Key Nutrients: Folate, vitamin D, iodine | Servings Per Container: 30 | Serving Size: 4 gummies | Grams of Sugar: 5 grams
Also Check: Vitamin B12 Weight Loss Dr Oz
How Much Vitamin C Should Adults And Children Take
The recommended daily amount of vitamin C for adults is 90 mg for men, 75 mg for women, and up to 120 mg for people who are pregnant or nursing. However, certain medical conditions may require that you take much higher doses .
Children have lower vitamin C requirements, ranging from 2575 mg per day, depending on their age. However, healthcare professionals generally do not advise giving children a vitamin C supplement unless their pediatrician has recommended it.
Note that the Tolerable Upper Intake Level for vitamin C for men and women ages 19 years and older is 2,000 mg. That said, some people experience side effects with frequent and prolonged intake of 1,000 mg per day .
Meanwhile, the UL for children ranges from 4001,800 mg, depending on their age. Daily intakes at or below these amounts are unlikely to result in any negative health effects .
Common Nutrient Deficiencies: Know The Signs
Severe vitamin C deficiency may bring about scurvy, a condition that includes symptoms ranging from fatigue to depression, joint pain, poor wound healing, and bleeding gums. Though serious, scurvy and even vitamin C deficiency are rare in developed countries. Theres one exception: Smokers have a more-than-threefold-greater risk of vitamin C deficiency, according to research published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. This is likely because smoking causes greater vitamin C turnover in the body. Cigarette smoking increases free radicals in the body, which damages our cells antioxidants such as vitamin C counteract this damage but are depleted more quickly in people who smoke.
Read Also: When To Take Care Of Vitamins
Don’t Miss: How Much Vitamin D Should I Take
Can You Take Too Much Vitamin C
The tolerable upper intake for adults is 2 grams of Vitamin C consuming more than that can result in diarrhea and other unpleasant GI disturbances, says Greaves. She admits that severe side effects from too much ascorbic acid are very rare, but you may experience some discomfort if you take too much. Its pretty much impossible to have a vitamin C overdose, but lets not test that out.
The real problem with taking more vitamin C than you need is that it all goes to waste. Up to 100 mg a day of vitamin C will get almost completely absorbed, says Francesco-Maria Serino, MD, PhD. Above 100 mg a day and the fraction of vitamin C absorbed is progressively smaller. If you take more than 1 gram of vitamin C per day, less than 50% is actually absorbed and its eliminated by the kidneys.
That literally means that a 500 mg vitamin C supplement mostly gets peed down the drain.
Recommended Reading: Does Vitamin C Affect Blood Clotting
Kirkland Adult Gummies Vitamin C 250 Mg 180 Gummies
Las gomitas de vitamina C adultas Kirkland Signature son una forma única y deliciosa de ayudar a llenar un vacío de nutrientes en su dieta. Son una alternativa de gran sabor para aquellos que tienen dificultad para tragar las cápsulas o tabletas tradicionales o para aquellos que simplemente desean una experiencia de suplemento diferente y más agradable. Estas gomitas están hechas con todos los sabores naturales y no contienen gluten. Los colores también se derivan de fuentes naturales.
Also Check: What Is The Vitamin Zinc
The Recommended Dietary Allowance
The recommended dietary allowance for vitamin C is based on the amount of vitamin C intake necessary to maintain neutrophil vitamin C concentration with minimal urinary excretion of vitamin C and is proposed to provide sufficient antioxidant protection . The recommended intake for smokers is 35 mg/day higher than for nonsmokers, because smokers are under increased oxidative stress from the toxins in cigarette smoke and generally have lower blood concentrations of vitamin C .Table 2. Recommended Dietary Allowance for Vitamin C
Nature Made Vitamin C Gummies
- Contains a 100-day supply, 200 gummies per bottle
- Vitamin C helps support the immune system
- No high-fructose corn syrup or artificial sweeteners
- Adults, chew 2 gummies daily
Nature Made® Vitamin C Gummies are an excellent source of vitamin C, containing 250 mg per two gummies. Nature Made® Gummies are perfect for those who want a tastier, more pleasant way to take vitamins and supplements. Vitamin C Gummies come in a delicious tangerine flavor and are a great-tasting way to take your vitamins every day. Not only do they taste good, but vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps support the immune system. These gummies are made with color derived from natural sources.
- Guaranteed to meet Nature Made’s high-quality standards
- Made from carefully selected ingredients under strict manufacturing processes
- No high-fructose corn syrup, no artificial sweeteners, no synthetic dyes, no artificial flavors and gluten-free
- USP has tested and verified ingredients, potency and manufacturing process
- USP sets official standards for dietary supplements. www.uspverified.org
While we strive to obtain accurate product information, we cannot guarantee or ensure the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any product information. Carefully read and follow all package directions. SamsClub.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Read Also: Are Centrum Silver Vitamins Gluten Free
Should You Take Vitamin C Gummies
There have been many studies about the effects of vitamin C supplementation, but few have demonstrated a clear benefit for people without a deficiency. That means if you dont have a vitamin C deficiency, you probably dont need vitamin C gummies.
A recent study found that vitamin C supplements may reduce blood pressure in people with essential hypertension, which is a type of high blood pressure . A meta-analysis that evaluated more than 11,000 people found that vitamin C supplements didnt reduce the severity of symptoms and duration of colds, except in people who recently engaged in intense exercises .
You may have heard that vitamin C can prevent cancer, but thats just not true. Linus Pauling, a famous researcher in the 1900s, recommended vitamin C to prevent and treat cancer, but the studies he conducted were poorly designed and later studies contradicted his work . Ultimately, you only need to take vitamin C if youre low.
If you think you might have a vitamin C deficiency, you can check in with a healthcare professional. And when picking supplements, make sure to stick with a reputable brand. Not all products are created equal and regulation on many of these supplements is limited.
Are Gummy Vitamins Beneficial
Gummy Vitamins aren’t necessary for everyone, but there are certain situations where they can be a great fit.
- People who have trouble swallowing pills.Gummy Vitamins offer an alternative way to meet nutrient needs without having to deal with capsules. If liquids or chewables aren’t appealing, gummy vitamins can be a nice alternative for kids and adults alike.
- People who forget to take their vitamins. If taking standard vitamins feels like a chore, switching to a more flavorful option like a gummy can be an easy way to make it a more interesting part of your daily routine.
- Those with dietary restrictions. If your diet is limited because you have a food allergy or choose to avoid certain foods, you may need some extra help meeting your nutrient needs through a supplement. Vegans should opt for a gummy without gelatin.
- Kids who need to take vitamins.When kids need to take vitamins, it is often much easier to get them to take gummies. Though most kids don’t need supplements, pediatric Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and author Malina Malkani, MS, RDN, CDN, creator of Solve Picky Eating, notes that gummy vitamins may be worth considering for “kids who are plant-based, vegan or vegetarian, or missing entire food groups from the diet, kids who have food allergies or intolerances, and children with chronic health issues such as celiac disease, cystic fibrosis, and malabsorption issues.”
Recommended Reading: Vitamin E For Dogs Itchy Skin
Who May Not Benefit From A Gummy Vitamin
If you eat a varied, omnivorous diet and do not experience any health conditions, you likely do not need a multivitamin supplement. However, if a healthcare provider has recommended a multivitamin, there are some cases where you should choose a non-gummy option.
- Those with iron deficiency. Most gummy multivitamins do not contain iron or contain a very low dose because it is a bulkier mineral to include and has a taste that is trickier to mask. If you have low iron levels, opt for a multivitamin that includes this nutrient, or be sure to add on iron in another form.
- People after bariatric surgery. The physical changes post-surgery require a higher dosage of nutrients than most gummy vitamins provide. Gummy vitamins are also often missing key minerals that are important in this population, such as iron and calcium.
- People with diabetes. Since many gummy vitamins contain sugar, people who need to pay more attention to blood sugar levels like those with diabetes or PCOS may want to look for alternative options.
Best For Kids: Smartypants Kids Formula Daily Gummy Multivitamin
Courtesy of Amazon
NSF certified and ConsumerLab approved
Contains 5 grams added sugar which may not be suitable for some
We like this SmartyPants pick because it provides important nutrients that kids may be missing in their diets, such as vitamin D, iodine, and omega-3 fatty acids. It contains high-quality forms of the nutrients without a lot of additives like synthetic dyes or flavors. You can be confident in the quality and purity of this kids formula because it earned an NSF certification and the nutrient levels claimed on the bottle were tested and verified by ConsumerLab.
The gummies are also free of the top-9 allergens and gluten-free making this a safer option for many kids. It may be important to note that SmartyPants is sweetened with 5 grams of organic cane sugar and organic tapioca syrup, which may not be suitable for some, as it is 20 percent of the recommended daily added sugar limit for kids.
Key Nutrients: Vitamin D3, vitamin B12, omega-3s | Servings Per Container: 30 | Serving Size: 4 gummies | Grams of Sugar: 5 grams
You May Like: Hum Vitamins Where To Buy
Why Don’t We Show The Price
As a retailer, we independently set our prices. However, due to manufacturer restrictions, we sometimes can’t display the price until you take further action.
Sorry, there was a problem adding this item to cart. Please refresh the page and try again.
Add to cart$13.00
Sorry, there was a problem adding this item to cart. Please refresh the page and try again.
In Conclusion Is 1000 Mg Of Vitamin C Safe
In general, the daily consumption of 1,000 mg of vitamin C is pretty safe. There are no side effects for most people. Certainly, people on medication should consult their health care provider, before taking any supplement.
Its a good idea to boost vitamin C intake, especially in the winter, as vitamin C seems to be beneficial against the flu and common cold. It may boost the immune system.
Moreover, we should take at least 1,000 mg of vitamin C during the summer, as well. Vitamin C naturally boosts collagen production, protecting us from skin aging and reliving us from sunburns! Also, it helps us burn body fat and lose weight!
Certainly, eating foods high in vitamin C is the best way to boost your daily intake. Furthermore, taking a 1,000 mg tablet wont do any harm. Moreover, vitamin C supplements are pretty cheap. You can compare prices on Amazon.
Dont Miss: What Is A Good Vitamin B Complex Supplement
Recommended Reading: Where Are Puritan Pride Vitamins Manufactured