Who Shouldnt Buy Huge Supplements Huge Multi
- People who just want to supplement their vitamin B intake, and dont need the additional vitamins and minerals can find simpler products.
- Athletes who dont like taking pills might want to go elsewhere to get their vitamin B complex supplements because there are four capsules per serving in this product.
If youre ready to commit to a multivitamin that packs all you need including your vitamin B complex into a four-capsule serving, then Huge Supplements Huge Multi might be for you.
Take Vitamin B5 For Healthy Hormones
All people age 14 and older should get 5 mg of vitamin B5 each day, according to the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine. You can find vitamin B5 in vegetables of the cabbage family, such as broccoli and kale, as well as in avocado. In addition, whole-grain cereals, potatoes, dairy, and organ meats are good sources. This type of B vitamin is needed for many of the biochemical reactions that go on in our cells each day, including the breakdown of carbohydrates and lipids for energy. Because it’s a water-soluble vitamin, you need vitamin B5 in your diet every day. Pantothenic acid is necessary for our bodies to produce hormones, and it’s also needed for growth.
What Is B Complex And How Does It Benefit You
The B-complex vitamins consist of 11 related nutrients. They may not have a lot of flash, but they do play fundamental and far-reaching roles in terms of our health.
The B-complex vitamins include:
- B3 maintains normal cholesterol levels.
- B6 helps calm moods.
- B12 promotes mental sharpness.
- PABA helps to maintain healthy gene activity, and it also reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
In addition, inositol is often considered a B vitamin.
Don’t Miss: What Vitamins Build Immune System
How Is This Medicine Best Taken
Use vitamin B complex, vitamin C, choline, and folic acid as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What To Look For
In the United States, dietary supplements are not held to the same rigorous testing standards as pharmaceutical drugs. This means that the quality of supplements, like vitamin B complex, may vary from one brand to the next and you can find many different brands of vitamin B supplements at drug stores, grocery stores, health food shops, and online.
When shopping for B vitamins, look for brands that have been tested by an independent certification organization, such as the U.S. Pharmacopeia , ConsumerLab, or NSF International. This can help to ensure quality.
Vitamin B supplements should be stored in a cool, dry place and out of reach of children.
You May Like: What Vitamins Are Good For Pregnancy
Who Should Buy Swolverine Vitamin B Complex
- Any athlete who wants to avoid gelatin in their tablets or capsules, such as vegans and vegetarians, will appreciate this cellulose-based tablet.
- This product contains well over the RDI for each of the eight essential B vitamins, providing athletes with more than enough of what they need.
- If you dont like taking multiple tablets per serving, youre in luck each high-dose serving of this product only consists of one tablet.
What Are Some Side Effects That I Need To Call My Doctor About Right Away
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash hives itching red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever wheezing tightness in the chest or throat trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking unusual hoarseness or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Also Check: What Does Vitamin D Stand For
What To Consider Before Buying Vitamin B Complexes
Vitamin B complex supplements are typically made up of eight types of B vitamins, all of which play unique roles in regulating many bodily functions. While many get enough of these vitamins by eating a well-balanced diet, folks in certain populations may benefit from supplementation. This includes pregnant people and those following a strict vegan diet . Before deciding if a B complex is the right move, consider some of these key elements.
May Help Stomach Ulcers Heal
When vitamin U was initially researched in the 1950s, some studies suggested that drinking 1 quart of cabbage juice daily helped gut ulcers heal 45 times faster than the standard anti-ulcer therapy available at the time .
Yet, researchers couldnt confirm whether these effects were due to vitamin U or multiple nutrients.
Since then, few studies have examined the topic. To determine whether vitamin U is truly effective against ulcers, more research is needed.
Read Also: Can Vitamin D Cause Hives
Who Should Buy Garden Of Lifes Vitamin B Complex
- Athletes interested in the nutritional value added by a strong fruit and veggie blend will appreciate getting all eight essential B vitamins with a side of fruits and veggies.
- People with a goal of better digestive support will like that this product has 60 milligrams of a probiotic and enzyme blend.
- If you want a vegan-friendly, non-GMO product with a high-purity score, this Vitamin B Complex might be the one for you.
Why Is Active Form Of Vitamin B Complex Supplements Superior From Others
Active superior form of vitamin B complex supplements is different from the inactive form, which is doctor formulated. Dr. Reyes Wellness premium fully active formula includes
- Pharmaceutical grade methyl B Complex with Vitamin C
- B2-Riboflavin-5 Phosphate instead of Riboflavin
- B3-Niacinamide non-flushing form Niacin instead of common niacin
- B6-Pyridoxal-5 phosphate instead of pyridoxine
- B9-Folic Acid 5-MTHF instead of folate
- B12-Methylcobalamin, which is a superior form of B-12 instead of ordinary Cyanocobalamin. This high-quality formula takes the supplement game to a completely new level.
Their High Potency supplement is crafted by Medical Professionals to boost energy, support overall health and emotional wellness.
Also Check: What Vitamins Are In Prenatal Vitamins
How Do I Store And/or Throw Out Vitamin B Complex Vitamin C Choline And Folic Acid
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
May Reduce Your Risk Of Chronic Disease
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can strengthen your bodys natural defenses .
Antioxidants are molecules that boost the immune system. They do so by protecting cells from harmful molecules called free radicals.
When free radicals accumulate, they can promote a state known as oxidative stress, which has been linked to many chronic diseases .
Studies show that consuming more vitamin C can increase your blood antioxidant levels by up to 30%. This helps the bodys natural defenses fight inflammation .
Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that can boost your blood antioxidant levels. This may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease.
Approximately one-third of American adults have high blood pressure .
High blood pressure puts you at risk of heart disease, the leading cause of death globally .
Studies have shown that vitamin C may help lower blood pressure in both those with and without high blood pressure.
An animal study found that taking a vitamin C supplement helped relax the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart, which helped reduce blood pressure levels .
Moreover, an analysis of 29 human studies found that taking a vitamin C supplement reduced systolic blood pressure by 3.8 mmHg and diastolic blood pressure by 1.5 mmHg, on average, in healthy adults.
In adults with high blood pressure, vitamin C supplements reduced systolic blood pressure by 4.9 mmHg and diastolic blood pressure by 1.7 mmHg, on average .
You May Like: Where Are Megafood Vitamins Made
Vitamin B Complex Benefits For Women
Everyone needs all the B vitamins, but women should pay special attention to folate, B6, and B12. These are particularly important if youre preggo or breastfeeding. Vitamin B complex supports healthy fetus growth and development.
It may also make your monthly cycle more manageable. A 2011 study found that thiamin and riboflavin intake from food could reduce PMS symptoms. Some research also suggests vitamin B6 supplements can help alleviate the physical and emotional symptoms of PMS.
Importance Of Vitamin B Complex Supplements
Although the best source of vitamin B complex is through diet, some people can use it if their food intake does not include vitamin B complex. However, a recommendation from doctors is advisable before taking supplements. Vitamin B complex supplements are fine for lactating and pregnant women, older people and people with a vegan diet.
Recommended Reading: Best Vitamins For Nervous System
Swolverine Vitamin B Complex
Providing over 100 percent of your RDI for each of the eight essential B vitamins, Swolverine Vitamin B Complex ensures that youll have every B vitamin you need to fuel your day. At 100mg, it provides a very high dose of thiamin, as well as 100mg each of niacin, riboflavin, and B6. Each serving consists of only one tablet, so you wont have to go out of your way to take multiple doses for just one serving.
The Swolverine Vitamin B Complex tablet is made from cellulose, which makes it vegetarian- and vegan-friendly, and an excellent option for folks who need to avoid gelatin. The product is also non-GMO and soy-free, which is important for athletes who are avoiding soy, and want to minimize GMOs in their diet.
Who Shouldnt Buy Natures Way Alive B
- Those who dont want any added sugar in their B complex may be better off grabbing a capsule supplement.
- Folks who want more than one flavor option might be disappointed that these gummies only come in a mango flavor.
Competitively priced and offering a great dose of B vitamins, this supplement only requires you to take two mango gummies per serving. Plus, these gummies are much tastier than a couple of pills would be.
Don’t Miss: Can Too Much Vitamin C Cause Cold Sores
Who Should Buy Natures Way Alive B
- For anyone looking for high doses of vitamin B6 and vitamin B12, this product contains 200 percent and 500 percent of your recommended daily intake for each, respectively.
- If you want an added blend of fruits and veggies in your B complex, these gummies contain 150mg of a food-based fruit and veggie powder blend.
- Vegetarians who want a B complex supplement thats made from plant-based ingredients will be happy that these gummies are made from pectin, not gelatin.
Side Effects And Precautions
Vitamin U is likely safe when eaten directly from whole foods. However, little is known about its safety or potential side effects in supplement form.
Therefore, its likely safest to rely on vitamin-U-rich foods like cabbage, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, and kale to boost your intake of this compound.
According to the European Chemicals Agency, vitamin U may cause eye, skin, or lung irritation if it comes into direct contact with these organs. Thus, you may want to use caution with skin care products containing this compound .
Due to limited research, vitamin U dosage recommendations havent been established.
One human study utilized 1.5 grams of vitamin U for 8 weeks .
However, this study is dated and didnt test any alternative dosages or durations. As such, more research is needed.
Read Also: What Has Vitamin C And Zinc
Vitamin B Complex Capsules
Vitamin B complex capsules typically contain all eight of the B vitamins in sufficient amounts to meet your daily needs. All supplements are different, but in many cases, you need only a capsule or two for the whole day.
Although each B vitamin has individual functions, the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health notes that all of the vitamins work together as coenzymes, which play a role in every single cellular process in your body. This means that everything from digestion to breathing to walking requires B vitamins.
One of the major functions of all of the B vitamins is to help you convert the food you eat into energy that your body can use. The vitamins also have their own separate functions:
- Thiamin â regulates appetite and keeps the nervous system healthy.
- Riboflavin â keeps your eyes and skin healthy.
- Niacin â promotes a healthy appetite and protects your vision.
- Pantothenic acid â helps produce new hormones.
- Pyridoxine â helps create red blood cells and the hormone insulin.
- Biotin â helps metabolize carbohydrates.
- Folate â or folic acid when included in supplements â reduces the risk of birth defects, protects against heart disease and helps metabolize protein.
- Cobalamin â helps make healthy red blood cells and keeps your nervous system healthy.
Read more:How Much Is Too Much Vitamin B Complex?
Choosing A Quality Supplement
Another thing to consider is supplement quality. According to Harvard Health, supplements like B complex capsules aren’t regulated by the Food and Drug Administration, so manufacturers of these supplements can sell them to you without submitting any evidence that proves their purity, potency, safety or efficacy. In other words, supplement manufacturers can make claims without backing them up with proof and, because of this, it’s difficult to know what you’re really getting.
In some cases, supplement manufacturers submit their products to private organizations for testing to prove to the consumer that the claims are accurate. To find these supplements, you want to look for labels that say United States Pharmacopeia or NSF International.
But keep in mind that supplements aren’t meant to take the place of a healthy diet. If you think that your diet might be low in B vitamins, the best thing to do is include more foods that contain the vitamins, instead of relying solely on a supplement to meet your needs.
Recommended Reading: What Is Vitamin C Serum Good For Skin
Promotes Nervous System Health
Vitamin B2 helps maintain health of the eyes, nervous system, and skin. It also aids in the conversion of food into energy and helps enzymes in the body function properlynot to mention, it makes and repairs DNA, and helps with the optimal function of the digestive and nervous systems.
B vitamins involved: B1, B2, B3, B6, B12
What Dietary Shortfalls Does This Product Address
B vitamins play a supportive role when it comes to the energy-producing pathways of the body. They allow our cellular energy processes to work efficiently in order to provide us with the cellular energy we need to carry out our day. B vitamins become especially important during rigorous exercise and in times of stress. During these times, B vitamins may be excreted more rapidly from our body, thereby increasing our requirement.
Also Check: Does Almond Milk Have Vitamin K
What Are Water
Eight of the water-soluble vitamins are known as the vitamin B-complex group: thiamin , riboflavin , niacin , vitamin B6 , folate , vitamin B12, biotin and pantothenic acid. The B vitamins are widely distributed in foods, and their influence is felt in many parts of the body. They function as coenzymes that help the body obtain energy from food. The B vitamins are also important
Thiamin: Vitamin B1
What is Thiamin. Thiamin, or vitamin B1, helps to release energy from foods, promotes normal appetite, and plays a role in muscle contraction and conduction of nerve signals.
Food Sources for Thiamin. Sources include pork, legumes, fish, peas, and liver. Most commonly, thiamin is found in whole grains and fortified grain products such as cereal, and enriched products like bread, pasta, rice, and tortillas. The process of enrichment adds back nutrients that are lost when grains are processed. Among the nutrients added during the enrichment process are thiamin , niacin , riboflavin , folate and iron.
How much Thiamin. The Recommended Dietary Allowance for thiamin is 1.2 mg/day for adult males and 1.1 mg/day for adult females .
Too much Thiamin. No problems with overconsumption are known for thiamin.
Riboflavin: Vitamin B2
What is Riboflavin. Riboflavin, or vitamin B2, helps to release energy from foods, and is also important for the growth, development and function of the cells in the body. It also helps to convert the amino acid tryptophan into niacin.
How To Use B
If you are taking chewable tablets, chew the tablet thoroughly before swallowing.
If you are taking extended-release capsules, swallow them whole. Do not crush or chew extended-release capsules or tablets. Doing so can release all of the drug at once, increasing the risk of side effects. Also, do not split extended-release tablets unless they have a score line and your doctor or pharmacist tells you to do so. Swallow the whole or split tablet without crushing or chewing.
If you are taking a liquid product, use a medication-measuring device to carefully measure the dose. Do not use a household spoon. Some liquid products need to be shaken before each dose. Some products that contain vitamin B12 need to be placed under the tongue and held there before swallowing. Follow label directions carefully to get the most benefit.
Take this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day.
You May Like: Which Prenatal Vitamins Should I Take